The Natch Essentials product suite utilises many popular native ingredients but we also include some that are still very foreign but yield so many benefits. The best way to succeed in our ‘why’ is to provide some clarity on the specific ingredients used in our blends and shine light on their benefits. Say hola to our favourite little tropical flower, Ylang Ylang (the native so nice, they named that bad boy twice).
Ylang Ylang essential oil is a hero ingredient in the Natch Essentials cleanses and balms as it provides an abundance of positive qualities that are far reaching and a lot deeper than just the skin. Our skin is hugely porous and a great absorbent of anything that is applied to it and Ylang Ylang is known for providing our body with a huge amount of integral properties.
Derived directly from the Ylang Ylang flower, this naturally perfumed oil has been historically used in herbal treatments and natural medicine, treating a list of ailments a lot longer than we know you have time to read. A regular in skin care, perfumes (Chanel No. 5 as an example) and even food products, research has found, that when used in topical applications, it is known to:
- boost mood
- reduce depression
- alleviate anxiety
- lower blood pressure
- decrease heart rate
- stimulate oil production in the skin and on the scalp
- repel flying insects and kill bug larvae
Ylang Ylang has proven benefits and some indicated by anecdotal evidence (to be completely upfront), some of which are:
- Ylang Ylang reduces anxiety and boosts self-esteem when it is applied to skin or inhaled. Ylang Ylang’s beneficial effect on mood has been duplicated in many studies.
- Ylang ylang contains linalool, a compound which has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Great for skin damage and protection against infection.
- Another study found that inhalation of Ylang Ylang had a sedative effect, by significantly reducing systolic and diastolic blood pressure rates as well as heart rate in healthy men.
- Ylang Ylang is known to be used as an inhalant to treat asthma suffers
- Ylang ylang is used as an aphrodisiac and remedy to increase sexual desire, stimulation and reduce sexual anxiety (this one could be a cheeky anecdote, but placebo or not, Natch Essentials is into it).
It is clear to see why Ylang Ylang essential oil is so prevalent in our inaugural range. Not only does it give your skin a divine perfumed note, it is packed with so many health benefits that start with antibacterial and infection fighting properties before diving so much deeper to boost your mood, reduce anxiety, stimulate natural bodily functions and even give you a little ‘je nais se quois’ in the bedroom.
Every Natch Essentials product is blended with considered detail for both external and deeply internal health benefits to give you the holistic experience you deserve with your daily personal care. You won’t look back at those chemical-laden products once you take the first step in your natural journey