Collection and Storage of Personal Information and Data
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including by email, via our website www.natchessentials.com, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties. In most circumstances we do not collect sensitive information.
We may collect personal information in circumstances including:
- when you order goods from us online;
- when paying for goods with credit cards and when processing returns or exchanges;
- when you ask to be included on mailing or marketing distribution lists, register on our website or interact with us through social media services;
- when you enter a competition or promotion, or respond to a survey;
- when entering into a commercial arrangement or agreement with us; and
- when we evaluate job applicants
Our website and store are hosted using Shopify Inc. Shopify Inc’s e-commerce platform allows Natch Essentials to sell products and services to our customers. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and general Shopify application. Shopify store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our customers and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
All Natch Essentials customers and others with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
We may use personal information for the purpose of marketing but only where such use complies with the Privacy Act and other applicable legislation.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide personal information to third parties for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers. Those persons and business may include:
- Our online payment gateway service provider, for the purpose of facilitating payments;
- Couriers, shipping and delivery businesses where we arrange to deliver goods to you or persons you have requested us to send deliveries to;
- Third party software providers who store details of customer accounts for us or who provide other IT services;
- Social media and marketing companies that are engaged to manage our social media activities and website; and
- Marketing businesses engaged by us to distribute materials to which recipients have consented.
- Organisations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets (subject to the same constraints on use and disclosure as under this policy);
- To our professional advisors, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors on a confidential basis
Your Personal Information may be disclosed if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or where authorised at law to disclose that information.
Security of personal information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions. Nevertheless, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded at law, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any security or data breach.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com